Search

Trump lambasts Pakistan, threatens to cut US aid

‘No more’
Pak thinks US leaders are fools, only gave us ‘lies and deceit’: US president | ‘no more’ does not hold any importance: Asif
news desk
WASHINGTON
US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut aid to Pakistan after accusing the country of giving nothing in return except for “lies and deceit”.
In a tweet on Monday, the US president claimed that the United States had foolishly given Pakistan over $33 billion in aid over the last 15 years.
In his tweet, Trump accused Pakistan of thinking US leaders to be fools. “They give safe havens to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!”
Trump’s ‘no more’ holds no importance: Khawaja Asif
Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif, in response to a tweet by US President Donald Trump, said that Pakistan had already refused to ‘do more’ for the United States.
“We have already told the US that we will not do more, so Trump’s ‘no more’ does not hold any importance,” Asif said.
“Pakistan is ready to publicly provide every detail of the US aid that it has received,” Asif said in a strongly worded statement in response to Trump’s tweet that accuses Pakistan of providing safe havens to terrorists that the US is hunting in Afghanistan.
The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies & deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools. They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!
Regarding the US President’s claims of giving billions in aid to Pakistan, he said: “The claim by Trump regarding the funds, if we account for it, they include reimbursements too for the services rendered by Pakistan.”
“Trump is disappointed at the US defeat in Afghanistan and that is the only reason he is flinging accusations at Pakistan,” the foreign minister said.
“Our land, roads, rail and, other, different kinds of services were used for which we were reimbursed. A proper audit took place for the reimbursements,” he said.
Asif also spoke against the US’ military presence in Afghanistan, stating that peaceful negotiations are the only possible solution in the neighbouring country.
“They (US) are reinforcing their failure in Afghanistan by extending their military presence but only a peaceful solution is possible,” he said. “It [US] should, instead, try to negotiate with Taliban in Afghanistan.”
He further added that only Afghanistan’s neighbours can find a peaceful solution for regional peace and security.
When asked about the government’s stance if the US conducts drone attacks in settled areas of the country, the foreign minister said that the country will defend its sovereignty.
The federal minister also emphasised that Pakistan’s foreign policy is only focused on national interest.
Soon after the US President took to twitter to make serious accusations against Pakistan, Asif had said that he would let the world know the truth.
He had further said that there is a difference between facts and fiction.
We will respond to President Trump’s tweet shortly inshallah…Will let the world know the truth..difference between facts & fiction..
The foreign minister, following the tweet by Trump, called on Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, sources informed.
The meeting held a detailed review of Trump’s statement, sources added, besides discussing the country’s foreign policy.



--!>

Junoon is back with a Sooper bang!

--!>