The district education authorities have miserably failed to pay attention to the deplorable condition of a state-run school in Lakki City.
No doubt, the central government has been emphasizing to improve the standard of education and health sectors in rural areas.
There was a Mander constructed by Hindus in 1901 in Lakki City which was taken into possession by the Auqaf Department in 1948 after Partition.
It was learnt that the Mander was converted into the government primary school in 1961 and since then it was called Mander School. There are total of 445 students enrolled in the school while the staff comprised of nine teachers.
The building of the school was in dilapidated condition where there was no proper arrangements for drinking water and solar system during power outages.
Besides, the school staff was facing shortage of furniture for themselves while the students were made to sit on torn tots rather than benches.
It was learnt that since the school was in the possession of Auqaf Department and was handed over to the Education Department on rent in 1961.