Kashmiris to hold sit-in at Srinagar to protest against Indian carnage


SRINAGAR : In occupied Kashmir, complete shutdown is being observed across the valley on the 84th consecutive day, Friday, with Indian forces deployed in strength in Srinagar and other parts of the territory to prevent anti-India protests and rallies.
Main markets, public transport and other businesses remain suspended, while educational institutions remained closed.
According to Kashmir Media Service, the joint resistance leadership comprising the All Parties Hurriyet Conference Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik in a statement extended the call for shutdown till October 6.
On the appeal of the Hurriyet leadership, a march from the entire occupied territory towards Lal Chowk will be held in Srinagar today.
Meanwhile, in a new form of state terrorism, Indian troops, today, damaged apple harvests at Kareemabad in Pulwama district.
Hurriyet leaders in their statements expressed concern over deteriorating health of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Chairman, Muhammad Yasin Malik. They said that he was tortured during illegal detention.
Curfew-hit Kashmiri students on Friday staged protest demonstrations in Pulwama, Kulgam Bandipora, Islamabad, Kupwara, Srinagar and Shopian districts to push for deferment of examinations. The protesting students were carrying placards with messages “Give Me Eyesight, I Will Take My Exam” and ‘No Exams Till The Kashmir Solution.”
The illegally-detained APHC General Secretary, Shabbir Ahmad Shah in a statement in Srinagar said that despite India’s propaganda the world leadership was keenly observing the situation in Kashmir. He thanked Pakistan for its successful diplomatic support to the Kashmir cause.
The Mirwaiz-led Hurriyet forum in a statement expressed strong concern over efforts being made by Indian government and media to create war hysteria between Pakistan and India.
Funeral prayers of the two martyred soldiers killed by Indian firing at LoC yesterday were offered in Srinagar.
Atleast 115 Kashmiris have been killed and more than 11,000 have been injured by Indian army in occupied Kashmir.