Home Top News KP CM alleges disregard of SC order on Imran Khan’s medical treatment

KP CM alleges disregard of SC order on Imran Khan’s medical treatment

0
58

DLP Report
ISLAMABAD
BKhyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Muhammad Sohail Afridi on Friday alleged that an order of the Supreme Court regarding the medical treatment of PTI founder Imran Khan had not been implemented, describing the development as “deeply regrettable and alarming”.
Addressing a press conference at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa House in Islamabad, the chief minister said a three-member Supreme Court bench had issued a clear order directing that Imran Khan be provided medical treatment at Shifa International Hospital, but the government and administration had failed to implement it.
He said the alleged non-compliance created the impression that the government and administration considered themselves above the Constitution and law and had little regard for judicial orders.
“The judges must now decide whether court orders are to be enforced or whether the courts are to be locked,” he said.
Mr Afridi said denying Imran Khan treatment at Shifa International Hospital amounted not only to contempt of the order of the three judges but also undermined the authority of the judiciary.
He said people continued to look towards the judiciary for justice and questioned where citizens would turn if courts could not ensure implementation of their own decisions.
The chief minister described Imran Khan as Pakistan’s most popular political leader and PTI as the country’s largest political party. He questioned how an ordinary Pakistani could see a future in a country where a leader with widespread public support was being treated in such a manner.
He alleged that the ruling elite had abducted and imprisoned Imran Khan and was now creating an impression that it was beyond the reach of the Constitution and law. He warned that failure by powerful individuals and institutions to comply with judicial orders could create a situation in which citizens might increasingly feel compelled to take the law into their own hands.
Mr Afridi reiterated that PTI would continue its political movement and said he would fully abide by Imran Khan’s directives. He said Imran Khan had instructed him to intensify the movement and that the campaign would be pursued with greater momentum.
The chief minister said he would visit Hangu on Friday and Buner on Saturday before travelling to other parts of the country.
He also announced that PTI’s legal team would initiate proceedings in connection with the alleged contempt of court.
Mr Afridi claimed that even the government’s own report had not declared Imran Khan’s health satisfactory and alleged that the judiciary and the public were being misled about his condition.
He categorically denied that PTI workers were present around the prison, saying the party had issued no instructions for anyone to go there. He added that anyone found around the prison would have no connection with PTI.
The chief minister said the political movement would be intensified and would advance at a pace exceeding public expectations. “The pressure will now be doubled,” he said.
He added that the initial target for the September 27 public gathering had been set at two million participants, but following the recent incident, he expected an even larger turnout.