The Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) on Wednesday released funds amounting to 350 million for the affectees of Operation Zarb-e-Azab in North Waziristan.
According to Director General PDMA Janat Gul, the funds will be distributed among the registered affected families within the next two days by sending a message through their registered SIM cards.
As per the details, each family will be given Rs12,000 as financial assistance and 8,000 as assistance for food items.
“About 18, ooo affected families of the above-mentioned operation would receive the assistance,” he added and said that 11000 families have recently been returned from Afghanistan via the Ghulam Khan border.
Mr Afridi said that the recently released funds are the 105th installment of the series which has been given to the displaced people of North Waziristan.
He maintained that a large number of affected families of the Operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan have yet to repatriate from the neighboring country Afghanistan. The provincial government has initiated the process of their verification for the assistance, he added.
DG stated that the reason behind provision of compensation was to provide affected families financial support to reduce their problems.
He said that so far, more than 1 lakh families affected during the operations have been returned to their native areas.
PDMA is actively working day and night for all kinds of support and cooperation with the people of the province and the merged districts on the occasion of all kinds of natural and man-made disasters, which is the main purpose of establishing this authority.
PDMA releases 350m for NW affectees